Thursday, September 24, 2009

Hello, Sunshine...

Good evening everyone!! It is almost Friday yeah! It has been busy the last couple of days and still a couple more ahead. But that is okay one day it will be spending time with kids and grandkids.

I have had this idea in my head for awhile but I didn't have any candy in the house to fill the little cup. I don't keep much in the house because I wind up eating it, and I definitely don't need it. I went shopping with my husband the other day and I finally got some. But what I didn't use for this card I wound up eating the rest after hearing from my husband when he broke down waiting to hear what needs to be done. I know I shouldn't do it but it sure tasted good!

I have had this cuttlebug folder for quite a while now. One day out shopping I saw it and didn't know if I should go ahead, so I did. I thought this was a perfect time to use it. I sure do like shopping with the hubby! He will encourage me to get things that I have to think about. I will always show him what I do so he can give me his opinion. He will always encourage me in what I do and it was so great to see his reaction when I showed him the email I received yesterday about the design team position. Back to this card. I embossed it with my cuttlebug and then used chalks to color it. The center of the flower I cut out so I could insert the cup for the candy. I used a cup from the instant drink I buy. Reuse is great, right? I also did a little airbrushing to soften the white some. I took my two way glue pen along the edges and used glitter to give it some sparkle. The ribbon is some from my stash. I really like how it turned out.


Here is a side view of the card.

Have a wonderful day and I will see you later.

Thank you for stopping by, Liz



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Lorie said...

What a cute idea Liz! And recycling the cup...genius!

Missy said...

What a cute card. I know anyone is my family would love to receive a card like that hehehe
Hope things are well with the repairs and turned out like you had hoped.

Scrubbybubbles(sue) said...

Hi liz. My name is sue and I'm on the DT with you at Whimsy. :) welcome!! what a great card!