Sunday, September 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to You....

Happy Sunday everyone! I hope everyones weelend was a wonderful one. It is finally starting to cool down around here. After having triple digit weather for so long it is so welcomed. Finally the feeling of fall in the air. I am not sure how long it is going to last but I am sure going to enjoy it while I can.

Last weekend I went to Michael's and found a new tool (I-Top) that I wasn't sure if I wanted to get but I had a 50% coupon and thought why not. I have to admit once I got it home and started to play with it some, I am going to love this tool and use it quite a lot. I used the largest size brad for the center of the flower on this card and love it! I used a pattern paper this time but you can do whatever you want to make these brads. I Saw on the video that comes with it that she used a snapshot of a baby and thought how much more personal this would be on a card or a scrapbook page!

This card was simple and I have to admit that I think this is going to be a new favorite for me. How simple and quick but still has the impact that you want. This large flower I have had in my craft room for a while now and wasn't sure what to do with it. But I thought with this larger brad it would be perfect. I have to admit that it did over power the card so I put it in the corner but since the petals went over the edges, I had the idea to trim it. Insert a guilt feeling here on cutting down the flower but I do like how it turned out.

I also did the inside of this card. I added a little flourish in the corner and added a few little pearl gems.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Thanks for coming by,
Liz

Supplies:
Stamps- PTI Fancy Flourishes, Handwritten Notes
Paper- Ripe Avacado, Vintage Cream, Green Tea Leaves Collection
Ink- Ripe Avacado, True Black
Accessories- Flower, I-Top tool, pearl gems


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, this is just lovely Liz! What a neat brad for that flower!

Missy said...

I do have to say that this card looks so much better in person but looks great in the picture as well. Great job!!! I so need the iTop as well :)