Wednesday, April 21, 2010

You'll be greatly missed, Stormy!


Hello!! It seems like it has been forever since I have done any blogging. I have been trying to organize and do some spring cleaning in my craft room so I haven't done anything for awhile. My oldest daughter asked me to come over so we could do some crafting together. I wasn't sure what I was going to work on and then I received a call from my second daughter telling me of the loss of their family pet. She is the Chocolate Lab in the above picture taken a couple years ago. She was a wonderful dog. She actually felt like one of our grandkids. It was like she knew whenever we came over because she would always run to the patio door with her toy in her mouth waiting for us to come out and play with her. My husband and I would take turns playing with her. Of course I would get tired before she did and then I would go in and play with the three boys. Of course one is only two months old so I would hold him as much as I could.
Stormy was a wonderful pet and not that but part of the family. They recscued her a few years ago in Alaska at a Labrador rescue and brought her her to California with them. It is so strange because she was so lively on Easter Sunday when we were there and then all of a sudden she got sick and wouldn't eat.They took her to the vet the other day and they wanted to keep her a couple days because she didn't give them any sign of what was wrong and they wanted to run test. On the way home my daughter got a call and said that she went into convulsions and they couldn't save her. They found later that she had severe kidney failure. The vet doesn't understand because they figure she was only about 5 years old.
Stormy, you will so greatly missed!! RIP !
Thank you for stopping by today,
Liz
Supplies:
Stamps: PTI With Sympathy-Loss of a Pet
Paper: DK Chocolate, Basic Grey PP, Vanilla Cream
Ink: Dk Chocolate
Accessories: Brads, Ric Rac Ribbon
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Sue Ann said...

Oh that is so sad ....... what a cute doggy ...... I LOVE chocolate Labs :( Your card will for sure put a smile in her heart.

Anonymous said...

Such cute little doggies... your card is so sweet and pretty! I love the little paws, that is a nice touch!

Ingrid Danvers said...

That's sad news. Your card is beautiful.

Terri said...

I am so sorry. One of my friends lost her dog suddenly yesterday too. What a nice card to help her through this.

Diane Jaquay said...

That's so sad Elizabeth :( My sympathy to you and your family at the loss of a beloved pet. Your card is very beautiful.

Kara said...

Beautiful card! So sorry to hear about the loss of a beloved friend.
Kara

Lorie said...

That is so sad. I know Missy will love the card and the thought behind it. HUGS!

Jen Carter said...

Such a beautiful and thoughtful card!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card... im so sorry to hear about losing your family pet

Niki Estes said...

So sorry to hear about the doggy. It's so hard to lose our pets. Your card is beautiful and I hope it brought her some comfort.