Sunday, April 25, 2010

April PTI Bloghop!!




Wow!! Can you believe it is already that time of month? I love these blog hops! Seeing what each of you create is so much fun. You are all so talented and so much inspiration to be had.


Since this month challenge was to use tissue paper. I immediatel thought of flowers and used my Beautiful Blooms II #2 die to cut several ( I believe I did four) of each size with the tissue that our stamps come so neatly wrapped in each month. I then used Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst and Raspberry Fizz ink and sponge to color them the color I wanted for my flower. I scrunched the tissue up before I sponged them. It didn't quite turn out like I was thinking but I like it anyway.
I will keep this short so you can get onto other blogs and leave you with what supplies I used.
Thank you for stopping by and for leaving any comments you might have.
Have fun tonight!
Liz
Supplies:
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia
Paper: Select White, Hibiscus Burst, Itty Bitty Dots PP DK Chocolate, The scalloped paper was from some cards I bought at Target a while back
Ink: Sweet Blush, Hibiscus Burst, Raspberry Fizz, Dk Chocolate
Accessories, Beautiful Blossoms #2 Dies, Delightful Dahlia leaf dies, Dk Chocolate Vintage button, button Twine and sewing machine
Posted by Picasa

48 comments:

Lorie said...

So pretty Liz! I love your flower!

Pam W. said...

This is so pretty. I love the stitching that you added.

Anika said...

Love your colors and the layout!

Leigh Ann Baird said...

Gorgeous!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun flower and colors. Way to rock the tissue paper challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Jen Carter said...

How pretty! Great job!

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!

Nerina said...

Gorgeous card! Love the asymmetrical layout of the scalloped rectangle - just adds so much to the composition!

Liz said...

This came out fabulous! Great job!

Cammie said...

I love how your beautiful flower takes center stage on your card!--great design!

Rosanne said...

beautiful!

Christi said...

gorgeous!

Jessica said...

Very pretty! I love that big gorgeous flower.

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty card!!! The flower is just GORGEOUS!

Susan said...

GORGEOUS flower!!! I love your card, the colors, the layout, the stitching...everything!

Chris Simon said...

Great design! The flower is perfect, and the colors work very well together.

Unknown said...

super sweet! Great coloring on those leaves, and of course I love your beautiful flower :)

BethieJ said...

Your card is LOVELY!! That flower is FABULOUS!
Happy Hopping!

Kelly S. said...

Oh love that bright pink flower with the darker dotted paper...so bright and fresh!

peggysue said...

Very pretty, the flower really pops against the white background.

Lorraine said...

Beautiful card, Liz!

Charlene Austin said...

I absolutely love these flowers. I need to get around to making them one day.

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very lovely card!

Mariana said...

Very pretty card!!

Laurie said...

Sooo pretty! I love that pink flower!

Banu said...

ooh!! I really liked how your tissue paper flower turned out. I want to try sponging ink like you did next time. :)

Amy Kolling said...

This turned out soo pretty!! Your flower is priceless!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

This is just BEAUTIFUL!

Barbara said...

This is so pretty, Liz!!! Love your color combo and that flower is perfection!

Karen C said...

Love how you sponged the tissue paper to color the flowers! Beautiful card!

Nadine said...

Such an elegant card Liz and that beautiful flower is certainly eye-catching. Great job on the challenge and thank you for sharing!

colleenk said...

I had the same idea! (only I used 2 layers of each die) I really like the fullness of your flower and your color combination. It is veryy pretty!!

Dana said...

SO pretty Liz. I love that you sponged them with ink to get the perfect color!

Teresa said...

Very pretty card! Your flower is gorgeous!

Missy said...

This is so cool. I think it turned out awesome. Great job!!!

Katie said...

Oh I think the flower turned out wonderfully! I love the variegated colors!

Marge said...

Superb card!!!

Terri said...

Nice job. I think your flower came out great!

Anonymous said...

So pretty Elizabeth! I love the colors you paired together and the tissue paper is great!

Silke Ledlow said...

What a pretty Mother's Day card!!! Your flower looks perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

Shay said...

Very pretty Mother's Day card! I love the colors and especially your use of white to really accentuate and let your lovely tissue paper flower be the star.

Lisa Voerg said...

What a perfect flower for a Mother's Day card. Your card is beautiful.

Courtney Baker said...

Very pretty!

Theresa Tyree said...

Beautiful card, Liz! Love your fluffy flower!

Julie said...

Such a fantastic flower,love it! x

Linda said...

Very pretty! I love your flower. Great colors, especially for Mother's Day!

Tanya said...

I really like how this one turned out. Very springy :)

Taheerah said...

Very pretty Liz, I love the colour you managed to create with your flower!