Friday, April 2, 2010

Celebrate your day!

Happy Friday! Can you believe that it is already April? I can hardly believe how fast this year is going already.

I decided to take a break from some of my sewing projects and make a card. I so need to organize my craft room but can't make myself do it. That has to be my next project!

I have a friend who's birthday is next week and decided to make her this card. It is pretty much an easy layout. I used my nesties for the main focus with the sentiment. I used Nichole's technique and used my 2 way glue pen to go around the edge and used some Prisma Glitter. I love that little extra sparkle. The flower I used my Marvy small flower punch and punched about 5 out and crinkled them up and then straightened them out some and pierced a whole in the middle and used a brad to hold them together and then squrenched the petals up some. The sentiment is from Signature Greetings. I just love Dawn's handwriting and it seems to give it a little more personal touch. I used New Leaf CS for my background. The PP triangles is from Green Tea Leaves collection. I used some pearl stickers under the sentiment. I also did some stitching around the triangles.

Have a wonderful weekend and a very Happy Easter!
Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look!
Liz
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Anika said...

Great card! Love your color choices and that flower you made!

Janice McDonald said...

Wow...fabulous card, really cool use of papers!

Anonymous said...

This is very prety. I love the colors and love how you set the pattern paper! Well done!

Diane Jaquay said...

I love this! Love your pretty flower, and the glitter you added around the edge of the nestie piece, and the placement of the patterned paper! Great job!

Missy said...

This is great. I love how you did the flowers.
I forgot I still need to get you a picture of the quilt you made Garrett. I will have to do that tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I lov ethe flowers and leaves around the focal shape

Suzanne said...

I love this! I love how the patterned paper is cut into triangles on the sides and how the flower pops out. Awesome job!

Lorie said...

Love it Liz!

Jen Carter said...

Great job! Fun flower!!

Jessica said...

I love the sparkle and that gorgeous flower.

Teresa said...

Pretty card. I love the layout!!

cats whiskers said...

This is beautiful dear, what a fabulous colour combo and wonderful layout
Hugs Jacqui x