Sunday, April 11, 2010

Birthday wishes.....


Hello. How was everyone's weekend?

I made this card for Becky Ohlers' Compose a Card Challenge. I was sure if I liked how this card turned out at first but then I added a couple of things and am pleased with it. I decided to give it to my mother, she turned 92 today. She was happy with it. She survived lung cancer and also double pneumonia within a year of each and that was 6 years ago. She still gets around pretty good. Sometimes I tell her that she is in better shape than me and I am her care giver, she lives with me. She has to have some stong genes, you see I am the youngest of 10 children. Things were a whole lot different when I was young than it is now. My husband is from the midwest and I was raised in California and he teases me about having more of a farm life than he did when he was young. One of the things that gets most people is when I tell them I had a pet calf. Actually before I was born my dad and mom and older brothers and sisters built the house that I grew up in. It was great!


The base CS looks black but it is Dark Chocolate. I used some PP from Dk Chocolate Remix and took my Ripe Avacado Copic Marker Trio to color the butterflies and left the polka dots cream.

I will leave you with my supplies so I can get this posted.

Have a wonderful day and stopping by to have a look! It means alot to me.
Liz

Supplies:
Stamps: Butterfly Kisses
Paper: Dk Chocolate, Dk Remix PP,Vintage Cream
Ink: Vintage Cream
Accessories: Copic Markers, Ripe Avacado Vintage Buttons, EK Success punch, pearl stickers, Button Twine
Posted by Picasa

19 comments:

Missy said...

I love how this card turned out. It is great. Good job!!! Happy Birthday Grandma!!!

Lorie said...

I love the card AND your story about your childhood. A pet calf...wow!

Teresa said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies.Happy birthday to your mother!!

Karen H. said...

Awesome card! I love the colored butterflies - they make the card really stand out.

Lisa Voerg said...

What a beautiful card for your mom. I am sure that she will love it. I grew up with a horse and my daughter now rides. There is nothing like a farm. I wish I had one myself.

Sue Ann said...

Good Lord I love those butterflies !!! Great card!!!

Rhonda said...

Oh this turned out so well. I had a pet Holstein cow named Bertha. Great memories.

Mrs. Tamashiro said...

This card is so rich looking. I love it!

Amy Kolling said...

What a beautiful stunning card! I love how you colored the butterflies with your copics...the green butterflies are such eye candy!!

Pat said...

Happy birthday to your mom. What a milestone. I'm sure she appreciated this gorgeous card.

Laurie said...

So pretty! The butterflies are beautiful!

Janelle said...

Very pretty card. Love the leafy punches -- they make the card! Happy birthday to your mom. Love the little stories you included.

Dana said...

Happy be-lated birthday to your mom Liz. WHat a beautiful card. I love that she's still kickin' around..good for her. I also liked learning a bit about you too. SO interesting the way people's lives are around the world.I am the youngest of 9 myself. I grew up on a beef farm, so I had LOTS of calves! lol

Barbara said...

This is REALLY pretty, Liz!!! Happy birthday to your mom!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! I love all those butterflies. Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is so pretty! Now I need to go look for that butterfly paper, I had no idea PTI had paper like this ;)

Anonymous said...

Wow! This is amazing and I LOVE what you've done with those butterflies. Awesome!!

Jen Carter said...

This is very striking! Great job!

Niki Estes said...

Very pretty, Liz! I love the colored butterflies!