Thursday, October 8, 2009

Happy Birthday!!

Boy has this week gotten away from me. Wasn't much of a productive week for me. I don't know what happened except that I just didn't have the energy to do much crafting. I hope it come back soon!!

Well, on Tuesday is my son's birthday. He lives in a different state so I needed to get something done so I can get it in the mail. I had the idea to make a card with a pocket because I will probably just be sending some money. I used the button as my closer.On the right side of the bottom is folded over to make the pocket. I should have taken a picture to show you how I did that. I am still learning. I guess you are never too old for that.

I had another idea in mind for the front but it started to look to childish for a man with a family of his own. I decided to use thid sailboat image from Papertrey. Him and is father made some sailboats that would float when he was younger so I thought this would work. I did the sky by using a scalloped circle and sponged around it to make it look like the clouds in the sky. It is pretty simple but I think it get the point across.

That is about it for today
Thanks for stopping by and visiting!
Liz
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Missy said...

This is really cool. I love how you made the clouds. I am sure he will appreciate it.

Lorie said...

Oh, Liz...this is absolutely wonderful! Great job!

cats whiskers said...

What a fabulous card just adore the papers and that image is charming. a perfect mans card dear
Hugs Jacqui x

Jenny Gropp said...

wonderfully done! Great clouds!