Monday, October 19, 2009

Feel Better

Good Morning!! It is the beginning of another week. How was your weekend? Saturday we spent the day at an Air show. We did alot of walking and feeling it today. We had a pretty cool week last week and won't you know it, it warmed up so it was pretty warm ( I guesss I should say hot) to be walking around as much as we did. But all in all it was a decent day and we got to spend time with the family. That makes it all worth while.



It is Monday so it is time for another Whimsy Stamps Challenge. This week all you have to do is add embossing to your card. Come join us! We would love to see what you come up with. Remember you don't have to use a Whimsy Stamp but if you have one we would love to see you use it.



This card I made with a friend of ours in mind. We found out last week that he had emergency surgery and will be out of work for a couple of weeks. It is a coworker of my husbands. We have known him now for several years and I wanted to do something for him.



I thought this dog image would be a cute one to use. I embossed the bottom of the New Leaf CS with the Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder and the top I did diagonals on my Scor-Pal. The paw prints is a stamp in the sentiment stamp set as well as the Feel Better on the sign. I cut the image out using the octagon nestabilities and distressed the edges. I used my Woodless color pencilsand odorless mineral spirits to color the image. I wrapped some twine around the card. I used a small hole punch on each side to make an indentation to hold the twine in one area. For a little extra interest I used a button tied with twine.



I hope you have a wonderful day,

Thanks for stopping by for a visit,

Liz


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Missy said...

This is a great card and I love this image. I so need to get me some. Maybe a few new good stamps is just what the dr ordered. I had a great time on Saturday as well and so glad that everyone got to come up.
I will have to get with you and see if I am right on who is not feeling well.

Lorie said...

What a super cute image and fun card! Great job!