Thursday, June 18, 2009

"Have a Hoot of a Day"


Hello and welcome!!
Father's Day is on Sunday. My father and father-in-law are no longer with us. But I do have sons and sons-in-law so I like to make them cards for the them. I made this one more generic since they are not my father. I thought this was a cute saying and I just love the owl set from Papertrey Ink. You can change the eyes and bellies to whatever suits you at the time. I just love the versatility of stamps.
I started out making the background paper using my Faux Ribbon from PTI. You would think they are the only stamps I have but I assure you I do have others. Back to the paper. I stamped the Summer Sunset first with the Faux Ribbon on the diagonal and then went back in between with my Dark Chocolate and then distressed the edges with Dark Chocolate. I used Dk Choclate ribbon, I thought it made him look like he was sitting on a branch.
Since my daughter and grandsons will be here, I still hope I will be getting some time in to blog and do some stamping. That is one of the plans anyway.
Thanks for stopping by!
Have a wonderful day and see you soon!!
Supplies:
Stamps- PTI Faux Ribbon, Wise Owl
Paper- Rustic White
Ink- Summer Sunrise, Dark Chocolate, Momento Tuxedo Black
Accessries-Dark Chocolate Top Notch 3/8" Ribbon, sticker gems

No comments: