Thursday, January 6, 2011

Thinking of You....

Happy Monday Morning! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. My could have been better. I had a headache that wouldn't seem to go away. I seem to be having those more lately. I just try and deal with them when I have them. That is what I seem to be doing more of lately, just dealing with things.

On to my card for today. I did a challenge for Papertrey Posse. The challenge is to do a single layer card. No CS except for the base of the card. I needed this challenge because I don't seem to do these kind of cards much. So this is what I came up with.

 
Posted by Picasa


I started off with PTI Fine Linen CS for the base of my card. It is 4 1/4 X 6 3/4, which is another thing that I don't do. I usually do the basic A2 size cards. I distressed the edges with New Leaf (PTI) ink and also stampe the Fancy Flourish with the same ink. The flowers are Prima with brads that I had. The tag is from Verve stamps. I used a negative to sponge some Scarlet Jewel ink for the inside of the Vintage Scallop Tag die (Verve Stamps) then used the stamp to go along with the tag for the edge in True Black. The ribbon is Spring Rain satin for PTI.

That is it for me today.
Have a wonderful day and thank for stopping by,
Liz

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Such a lovely card! Sorry about the headaches! I hope they go away completely!

Sarah Souza said...

Well done! It's so, so pretty! I love the colors you chose for the flowers.

Missy said...

The picture does not do this card justice. I struggle with single layer cards as well as non-A2 size cards as well. Great job.

Debbie Gaydos said...

Liz, this is really beautiful! I love how you added the flowers to the flourish, and your treatment of the tag. Great job!

Becky Carafa said...

So pretty! Love the tag treatment!

Suzanne said...

The flowers are the perfect addition to the flourish. The dimensions of the card suit this stamp beauifully.