Friday, November 20, 2009

Finally an easel card!

Hello, well this week is almost over. Tomorrow we are heading over to our daughter's for a birthday party for our grandson. He turned 6 yesterday. I can still remember the day he was born. He was born in Alaska while they were stationed there. It was my first time there and have never experienced that cold of weather. It was nice to see and visit. He has really grown.

I have been wanting to an easel card for sometime since I have been seeing them on lots of blogs so I thought his birthday card would be a good time to make one. I bought this knight and dragon set from MFT sometime back. I don't have many boy stamps. I so need to get more. It doesn't have too much detail on it. I hope he likes it.

The pattern paper is some I had in my stash. I saw the blue and thought of him because that is his favorite color right now. The green and blue CS are from Stampin' UP! but I can't remember the names. I used my Just Right stamps for the "Happy Birthday". I used some silver gems to hold the card like an easel.

That is it for today,
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend!
Liz
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Missy said...

This is great. I am sure he is going to love it. Especially since he wanted me to put a knight on his class grab bags I made. I still love the Alaska winter and so glad you got to experience now you just need to see it in the summer : )