Thursday, December 30, 2010

5th Birthday....

 

Happy Thursday!! Can you believe there are only two days left of the year? If I don't get on again before the new year I would like to wish every a very "HAPPY NEW YEAR"!

Today is one of my grandson's 5th birthday. I can't believe it has been that long since he was born. I can remember the day as if it was yesterday. His father is in the Air Force and they were stationed in Alaska at the time. My husband I were lucky enough to be able to be there when he was born and I was in the delivery with our daughter and her husband. It is so wonderful to see a new life coming into this world. Of course I would love to see Alaska in the spring or summer and not the middle of winter. It is a beautiful place even with all the snow and temps below freezing.

On to my card for today. I had the idea in my head using my nesties for some time now and decided it was time to implement it. I took my large pinking circles and classic rounds to make the rings. I just put the circles inside the pinking circles to cut them at the same time. I then wound up with the rings and circles. I used my daughter's PTI Sunshine impression plate on one of our craft days and used that as my background. It doesn't seem to show up in the pic. But it does make a statement, I think. I stamped the 5 from Fresh Alphabet and stamped it on one of the circles and but a dome sticker on top to help it stand out more. I then popped it up. The base of the card is PTI Blueberry Sky. I used the double ended banner for the sentiment that was from Birthday Basics. The vintage buttons are Ripe Avacado tied with Button Twine.

Happy Birthday Wy!! We will see you Saturday for your party!!
Have a wonderful day,
Liz
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Such a fun birthday card! Happy New Year!

Missy said...

Wyatt may not be into cards right now but I love it. The gears are perfect since he always seems to be going.