Friday, November 12, 2010

Skating by.....

 



Happy Birthday!! I am so glad that the weekend is almost here, how about you? My oldest grandson is turning 7 next Friday (19th). We will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow. His family will be traveling next Saturday to go see my youngest daughter and her family for the Thanksgiving holiday. I wish I was going!

On to my card. I have had some images that I stamped at my daughter's for some time now. I ran out of my skin color copic and just got my refill in this week and was able to do some coloring of this images. Oh I was like a little kid again and was able to sit down and play. I don't know what it is but I love coloring people images. When I went through my images I wasn't sure if I had anything for a young boy. I saw this image and knew it was the one I was going to use. Then I was sure how I was going to cut him out and then the idea popped into my head to have him skating along so I cut all the way around the image. I used the Simple Alphabet set from Papertrey Ink to make the Skating by to say.. The Happy Happy Birthday is from Fillable Frames 1. I started off with Blueberry Sky CS for my base. The hill or sidewalk is Soft Stone CS and embossed with the Linen & Canvas Impression Plate then distressed with Smokey Shadow ink. The clouds were cut with the clouds 1 & 2 die out of felt. A very simple card but I think it turned out pretty cute.

Thank you to everyone who stops by and has a look!!

That is about it for me.
Have a wonderful day and weekend,
Liz
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Missy said...

This is an awesome card. I know he is going to love it. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow.

Lorie said...

This is so fabulous Liz! I love to color too!