Saturday, February 6, 2010

Birthday Wishes

Hello!! It is raining here. So is a gloomy day but we do need the rain.

I actually have two cards for you today. Can you believe it? I have 2 grandsons birthday next week. One will be five on Wednesday and the other will be a year on Thursday. Since the birth of our newest grandson we have 3 grandsons and 1 granddaughter in February and mine, so I think I will forgo my birthday and just concentrate on the grandkids from now on. It won't stop me from aging but it is more fun with kids birthdays.

The first one is for our 5 year old grandson. I actually had this Whiff of Joy image colored up for awhile and thought it would be perfect for his card. I believe that I stamped this image from my daughter's collection. I so need to get me some of the adorable images. I used alot of my scraps I had for this card. I did use PTI Ocean Tides for the base of my card. The Dark Chocolate was already punched with the border punch so I decided to use it and then found some paper paper that I thought looked good together. I tied some twine around the first layer for some texture and decide to put a dk. chocolate button tied with twine in the corner. The gray is from SU!
This second card is for the one year old. The image is from Motivet. I added the balloon from a set from PTI called Love Songs.I stamped the one in the center for his age. The Blue cardstock is from SU! I am sorry but I don't remember the name. I should have wrote down my supplies but I didn't. The Pattern Paper is PTI Itty Bitty Box in Summer Sunrise. The buttons are also PTI in Enchanted Evening and Summer Sunrise. I stamped an image from Background Basics: Spots and Dots in Versamark on the bottom.
Happy Birthday T & C. Hope you have a wonderful day and wish we could spend it with you.
Thanks for stopping by.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Liz
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Lorie said...

Oh, those cards are adoarable and you are too sweet putting your grandsons before yourself! I hope you have a very happy birthday too!

Missy said...

These are great. I know they are going to love them. Well, C probably won't even realize that he got it but that is what it is like with a 1 yo. Great job!!!