Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Would you like an Apple?


It has been a few days since I have posted. I didn't get to do any crafting :( .It was a long but short weekend. We were building a fence in our backyard. (I should say my husband did most of the work, I just helped when he needed it). On Saturday we took a motorcycle ride to Wrightwood to see a momument that they just put in to honor the men and women who have served honorbly in the armed forces. It is impressive and a great tribute.
On Monday Melissa called and asked us over for a last minute bar-b-que. It was just a little drive (a little over an hour). But it was nice and also got to spend a little time with the grandsons. Since they live on Edwards Air Force Base, we also got to see the shuttle. Well sort of. Couldn't get close but it was there. When we left to come home, it was all lit up, the frame work or whatever they call it that it was in to get ready to put on the 747 to take it back to Florida.
I guess I should get to my card. I started out with a different idea for this one but it wasn't work like I had pictured and this is how it turned out. I am not sure yet if I like it or not. I love color these Sarah Kay images. They are so fun!!
Supplies:
Stamp-Sarah Kay
Paper-PTI Lemon Tart &,Summer Sunrise,DCWV PP,
Accessories-copics,SU! ribbon, nestabilities, prima flowers, brads, EK Success leaf punch

1 comment:

Missy said...

That is adorable. I don't remember seeing that image before. She is precious. Great job on the card. I like when the card turns out different than pictured because most of the time it is better.
We had a great time at the bbq also. I am glad you guys were able to come up. We definitely are going to have to do more get togethers. Maybe a scrap weekend next month?