Friday, July 22, 2011

PTI Make It Monday #24

Happy Friday!! I ws out shopping a few days ago and say the color combination of pink, grey, black and white. I knew I wanted to do something with it but wasn't quite sure just yet, so I sat on it. Then I found out the my sister and her granddaughter both were diagnosed with cancer (two different kinds). So I decided I needed to make them a card. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do then I saw the Make It Monday on the Papertrey Ink blog and decided to do something with it. I liked the idea of the dry brushing and did it on the edges for some softness.
Here is a picture of both cards together. I didn't want to do the same color scheme so I went with the colors for each of the cancers they each had.

Here is a close up of one of the cards up close:
 
Posted by Picasa

It is hard for me to know what to say right now so I will just leave you with the supplies that I used.

Stamps: PTI Modern Basic, Verve Stamps (sentiment)
Paper: PTI Select White,PTI HIbiscus Burst, SU! Taken with Teal
Ink: PTI Hibiscus Burst, True Black, SU! Taken with Teal, Going Grey
Accessorie: Bakers Twine, Acrylic ink:Bridgeport Grey
Have a wonderful weekend
Thank you for stopping by,
Liz

3 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Your family will be in my prayers. Your cards are great and I'm sure they will be a bit of a pick me up for them both.

Lorie said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your sister and her granddaughter. I'm sure they will both feel loved when they receive your cards! HUGS!

Missy said...

These are great cards. I am sure they will both appreciate getting a card.