Thursday, January 7, 2010

Friday Sketch Challenge

It looks like I was a little too late getting in on this challenge but I had fun doing the card anyway and needed a Thank you card. So that is good. I will have to start looking sooner!

Good evening! I saw this sketch over at Friday Sketchers and thought I would give it a try. I am running behind since this is already Thursday. I hope that I have time to get it entered. I like sketches because it is a beginning point and one less thing I have to figure out. I had already had my image colored and posted on my board so I started with it. I cut it out using my Pinking Nestiabilites. The pattern paper is from Papertrey Ink called Turning a New Leaf. The image is also from Papertrey Ink from the stamp set Autumn Abundace. It is colored with my copics. I airbrushed around the image. The ribbon is Dark Chocolate Twill. I used a brown marker and did some faux stitching. The brad stickers are some I bought at Michael's.


I didn't put a sentiment on the outside because I thought it would be too much. I stamped it on a piece of CS that was cut with a rectangle nestie. The layered it on some PP that matched the outside of my card. The sentiment is from Papertrey's stamp set Signature Greetings and the used a flourish from Fancy Flourishes for a little added detail. I am pretty pleased with the way this card turned out.
Thank you for stopping by,
Liz
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Hun you make such classy and elegant cards I love everything about this one
Hugs Jacqui x

Missy said...

This is awesome. I love it. The colors are great as well.